![]() |
| This afternoon started off to be a fun family adventure to the library. When we were almost back to our subdivision, Ry had a bike accident. Thank God for helmets! We didn't realize the extent of Ry's injuries at first. There was a ton of blood, but I know that mouth injuries do come with lots of blood, and the rest of his scrapes/road rash seemed fairly superficial. Our little guy was having a tough time with balance, so Jeff carried him home. By the time we had him back in the house, it was evident this was way more serious than we'd imagined. He kept saying, "Where am I?" and "What happened?" We would tell him, "You're in the kitchen at our house. You just had a bike accident." And then he'd repeat those same questions all over again. So Jeff put Ry in the car and headed for St. Louis Children's Hospital. Our FANTASTIC pediatrician, Dr. Stahl, called to let them know we were on our way, and texted me nearly every hour we were at the hospital for updates. Did I mention how much I adore her??! Thanks also to my amazing dad who made it over to our house in under 10 minutes to stay with the girls so I could hop in the car and meet the boys at the hospital. I even forgive you, Dad, for feeding them cookies for dinner. =) |
Saturday, August 25, 2012
Ry's Bike Accident
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)



No comments:
Post a Comment