Friday, June 14, 2013

Swim Team

I talked the kids into signing up for swim team this year.
On the way to the first practice, Ry says, "This is not a good idea. We might drown. I think you better sign us up for tennis instead."  After two practices, the coach decided Julia needed another year of practice before participating on the actual swim team. I thought she'd be disappointed, because she was more excited about participating than Ry, but she seemed just fine when he recommended this to us.
Ry's first meet, he's never dove off a block before (and had only practiced diving off the side of the pool about two times the day before at practice!), so we weren't sure what to expect.  He and I watched a few races before his, and he saw how "swimmers take your marks" and then the actual "beep" to dive.
He lost a few seconds at the start, but I was very impressed with how brave he was!
We had a little celebratory St. Louis Bread Co after the meet.

Posted by Picasa

No comments: