Thursday, February 5, 2009

Chatter from the little people


Ryan: Mommy, look at me! I am a goofball!
Julia (copying): Mommy, goofball!

Julia is putting on a Ryan's shoe.
Ryan: Look, Mommy! (pointing). Julia is going to take that shoe for a walk!

We are going to dinner. I run in a restaurant to see what the wait is, and Jeff and the kids stay in the car. I come back out, shaking my head "no".
Me: 1 hour wait. That won't work.
Ryan: That's right, we are hungry in this car!

Me: Ryan, come here and put on your shirt, please. I have ironed it for you.
Ryan (as I am buttoning it up for him): Thank you, that is really nice, Mommy!
(Seriously, did I hear him right!!!!? YIPPEE!)

Ryan sneezes in the backseat of the car.
Julia: Less you, RyRy. Less you Ry!
Ryan: (looking out the window, ignores her).
Julia: (louder) Less you, RyRy!! Less you, Ry!
Ryan: (annoyed) Baby, I am looking out my window!
Julia: (louder yet) Less you, RyRy! Less you, Ry!!!
Ryan: Thank you, baby sister.
Julia: Ur elcome, RyRy.

Dinnertime conversation.
Daddy: Ryan how did your secret sack go at school today?
Ryan: Well, I don't like the girls. Just the boys.
Daddy: You only like the boys in your class?
Me: What about Bubba and Morgan? Mrs. Kelle told me that Morgan said she was your girlfriend!
Ryan: Well, ok Bubba. But not Ellery.
Me: Who?
Ryan: Ellery! She cuts in line and talks too much.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

love the "less you, ryry!" so sweet!