I have somehow managed to lose BOTH of Julia's blankies in a 12 hour period. (This all happened between pickup at preschool and the pumpkin farm!?) Of course, this happens when Jeff is set to take off for New York and leave me to single parent this stressed out 2 year old!
My neighbor, Trina, crocheted these blankies for Julia when she was born...and out of all the blankets we bought/were gifted, this was the one which she fell in love.
Fortunately, Trina still had some of the yarn...and picked up some more for me today. (THANK YOU!)
Grandma is a big HERO here, whipping out a little substitute (which I am happy to report Julia is taking to quite well!) in one afternoon...while somehow also baking cookies with the kids. THANK YOU, GRANDMA!
3 comments:
Adorable outfit! Where'd ya find that?
It was my pleasure to have been a part of her first 2 1/2 years of loving that blanket! And my pleasure to get the yarn for grandma to make one that will last for much longer! Although sad that it won't have that black corner on it from all her sucking! (hee, hee)
Haha, it took me a few minutes to figure out what MIL was. I just wish my new versions looked as good as Trina's. I am much better at knitting than crocheting. But as long as Julia is happy with the new blankies, all is good! Soon I will have the large version finished for her.
Post a Comment