Tuesday, October 13, 2009

Julia kicked out of class; Tyler's not talking


From last Thursday:
Our princess woke up hours earlier than normal today--scared to death by the thunder outside. So by the time preschool started, she probably would have taken a nap had I kept her home! She was super sleepy when I dropped the kids off. And clingy. I should have known this could lead to something more..

A note in Julia's backpack read "Sat out with Ms. Christy (director) for throwing a fit."

I have tried to piece together the pieces of this...tough when you are getting details from a 2 yr old! She seems to have a mark on her face (bite mark? or nothing?)

Me: Julia, why did you have to go to Ms. Christy's today? Did you get in a fight?
Julia: (Shakes her head yes)
Me: (Showing her the school picture) Show me who you fought with.
Julia: (Pointing) Tyler
Me: Did you hit Tyler?
Julia: (Shakes her head yes)
Me: And then he bit you?
Julia: (Shakes her head yes)
Me: Did you cry?
Julia (Shakes her head no) I am a tough girl, Mommy.

Of course, I called Krista to see if she could get Tyler's side of the story. It is completely different-no such hitting or biting. Krista asked him if Julia went to time out and he said, "No, Julia went for a walk today."

It's all a mystery! I have a strong feeling Tyler is the innocent party here. He tries so hard to love on Julia at school, and she is doing a great job of teaching him how to respond someday to those girls who play "hard to get."

1 comment:

Jen said...

I'm glad we're not the only ones whose daughter gets sent down to Christy!