Thursday, March 25, 2010

Garden and Special Visitor

You might remember that last year we accidentally grew some fantastic cantalope in our front landscape. You also might know that I am so NOT a green thumb. I mean, even flowers that are delivered to me seem to die untimely deaths. Therefore, I've never tried to grow anything with the kids. Last year's "accident" was just the confidence booster we needed to buy some seeds and experiment. Fingers crossed!
First stop, we buy a little greenhouse and I let the kids pick out packets of seeds. They were both super excited to get this process going!
Jeff was out of town all week and my friend Theresa was on spring break from her job, so she spent an entire day with us! It was SO SUPER nice getting to hang out again. Theresa is one of the girls I lived with in Webster Groves and Central West End before Jeff and I got married. Jeff's parents watched the kids some that day, and we were even able to have a nice kid-free fancy yum dinner out.
We're experiencing FAST growth in our greenhouse, and had to remove the lid to make room for all our sprouts!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: