Sunday, August 28, 2011

A Week In Review

Daddy is working in Colorado all week, so we all look forward to our nightly skype calls!
Night one with him away proved DISASTER.
I thought I heard someone in the house around 12:30am and called the local police. They sent two really kind officers to come out and search for me.
4am, Julia woke me up (because her covers had fallen off. grr!) and I checked for a text message that Jeff had arrived at his hotel.  And didn't have one. Called his hotel to find out he hadn't checked in yet. Fun times NOT in the middle of the night! (He did make it..his flight had been delayed and by the time he arrived in Denver his car rental company had closed.)
= Groggy Monday for ALL of us!

Papa and Grandma Schuette stop by for a visit with the kids.  They always enjoy using Pop as a  jungle gym.  I'm not sure how much longer this is going to last--he is a GREAT sport about this...but they keep getting heavier and heavier!

Grandma gets her lovin' too...

With Ry now at school, Jul and I are adjusting to our "girl" time alone during the days.
She might just like shopping as much as her mom!
We spent a few hours here finding bedding for baby sister and nabbing some things for Jul for Christmas, which the staff did a great job of covertly wrapping up for me so she didn't even notice!

THIS is what homework time looks like at our house.
Daddy is SO going to have to take over this activity.
Because it usually ends this way when I am in charge, "Well, we'll sleep here  at this table if we have to, but we aren't getting up until you do this!"

Us girls spend another day shopping for light fixtures for the basement...my paparazzi Julia got a pic of me...I'm taking a pic to send to Daddy for his opinion.

I wonder why Ry's lunch box is so heavy...he has been sneaking them home.   So. Uncool. He tells me he NEEDS them to build a tall tower and wonders why I am throwing the out every day.
This is our second rock "incident" with rocks for the week.  I get a call from the school nurse on Thursday that Ry has a little playground rock stuck in his ear.  She can see it with her otiscope, but she is afraid she'll lodge it in further trying to get it out.  On the way to the pediatrician's office, I am giving him the full inquest about HOW this happened.  Apparently, when you are in the 1st grade, it's a great idea to try and have your friends bury you alive.
This is SO not what I imagined life to be like as a mom. =)

On a "fun" note, the basement is moving along quickly...crazy to think this was all unfinished concrete just weeks ago!
And we end the week celebrating Emily's upcoming wedding!

Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Ahhh...I love reading your great stories :). Can't wait to hear all about the new baby! And - unfortunately, the homework thing doesn't get any easier! UGH!