Wednesday, July 18, 2012

Six Flags 2012

When the youth group planned a trip to Six Flags, I thought it was the perfect opportunity to get to bring Ryan along  for a special day. He was elated to  meet  the Scooby crew.
He asked me if this was the "real" Mystery Machine.  I wonder how much this cost to park...I'm still trying to get over the fact that they charged me a whopping $18 to park in the "cheap" lot.  Robbery, I tell ya!!! That and the $7 pretzel!
After observing Thunder River, and determining it wasn't too scary, he decided to give this one a shot.  It ended up being one of his favorites.  He loved never knowing who in the boat was going to get soaked, and laughed in delight when the water would pour in our boat.
I never was able to convince him to give The Log Flume a try.
Sherri, who I've been lucky enough to get to lead a small group with the last several years,
her son Josh and Megan survived the wet ride!
Ry was tall enough to do many of the rides without an adult.  We did these cars twice, the first time I insisted on going in his car, and he demanded I ride in the back seat.  After showing me he could make it around the track without my help, he wanted to drive all alone.  
And his favorite.  Not the best pic, but this is where we spent much of our day, so I needed to include it.  He probably rode this train at least 50 times.  Fortunately, the park wasn't very crowded, and the ride operator didn't have us hop off between each run.  Ry would pull the bell and shout "All aboard!" and other conductor-like talk.  I kept thinking he would tire of this, but that didn't happen!
We also rode the "big" train once, but I put the kabosh on that after the first time around the park because they stop midway in a woodedish area and hold you hostage make you sit on the tracks and watch a super boring show that left Ry and I plotting how to jump off and walk the tracks back to the nearest station!

No comments: