Thursday, November 22, 2012

Happy Thanksgiving 2012!

We had a fantastic Thanksgiving day.  We're blessed enough to have most of our family in town, so that means we're lucky enough to get invited to partake in not one, but two Thanksgiving feasts!  After the traditional morning game of football, we headed to the Harriss house for celebration #1.  Jeff's mom had the idea that we all take a pic with us all in glasses since Em now has glasses.  I have a feeling she needed this pic as part of her annual Christmas poem, but I guess we'll have to wait a few more weeks to find out!  Regardless, the kids thought it was pretty fun.
We took full advantage of the near 70 degree weather and spent some time outside. 
Turkey day, round 2 was held at Amy/Jeff's house.  Ry and Jul hang at the kids table with Maddie and Ali.
Mom and I pose for a pic.
Amy, Dena and Dad take a break.  Amy spent HOURS in the kitchen prepping for the massive spread she puts out every year, and dad spent nearly TWO hours carving the pumpkin.
Tim and Debbie
Glammie and kids.
Grandparents and me
Granny Re before she modeled her Elvis look-alike sunglasses for us. I'm not sure how I didn't snap a pic.  She said she actually had someone offer her $200 for them and she wouldn't sell.  Craziness, I tell ya!

Jeff ended up talking Glammie into coming over at 11pm so he and I could head out to partake in the madness we call Black Friday.  We talked Amy and Jeff into tagging along too.  Despite the fact it was the middle of the night, and thinking clearly wasn't really happening, we had a great time.  Jeff toted a TV around the store that he THOUGHT was on special, but it wasn't. I somehow managed to LOSE all our advertisements (key for price matching) not once but TWICE (and then we ended up realizing on the drive home we left them back in the toy section of the store!?!). It was for sure one of our more memorable shopping trips!

Happy Thanksgiving!

2 comments:

Amy Busch said...

The pumpkin he carved went well with the mashed potatoes & gravy!

Erica said...

Oops, TURKEY!! I told you i am losing my mind...as if you needed further proof! Lol!!