It started of as a CRAZY morning. Kate woke me up at 6am. Then Jeff's alarm (mind you, he is out of town, so all the more frustrating!) went off around 6:30. Then at 7am Kate wanted to go out - again. I decided I might as well get up at that point!
So, lucky for me, I was up and showered by the time the kiddos woke up -- Ryan at 9, and Julia at 10. Yup, no kidding. Crazy, huh? (She is a bit under the weather).
All is well, we are getting ready to go to gymnastics, and Ry goes out to get in the car and opens the garage door. I have made some warm milk for Julia and sit her in the chair in the family room while I run up and get my shoes on. I come down, and she is no longer sitting in the chair. I fly into an absolute panic. (Well, panic for me..I actually think fairly clearly during actual crisis time). I run outside, and ask Ry where Julia is. (I am assuming the worst...that she's walked out the door). He just looks at me. I run to him and grab his shoulders and kneel down to his level so he knows just how serious this is. "Where is Julia? Have you seen her? Did she walk by you?" He points in the front yard. Oh my, my heart sinks as I go running around the front of the house and don't see her, all the while, thanking God I dressed her in a bright red today. I run to the side of the house and look down the fence line. No wandering baby. I run back towards the garage, and debate if I should bang on my neighbor Laura's door for a fast tag-team effort (I know she is up and home, because she called me just 30 minutes prior to this), and if I should just run into the house and dial 911 and having them surround the neighborhood or something. (Um, because that is logical?) I run in the house, screaming her name and she doesn't respond. I am now really starting to panic. My baby is missing. All my fault. Oh my gosh. PANIC. I am yelling her name, in a very loud scared tearful voice and she hears my stress and begins to cry. I can't even begin to tell you how happy I was at that moment. You know where she was? Right by the chair I left her sitting in. On the floor. Like, a foot from where I'd left her..I just couldn't see her, because the couch was in the way. Thank God!!
Then, we were off to gymnastics and then lunch with friends at MacDonalds playland. Fairly uneventful as those two activities can be! =)
Driving back in the neighborhood, I see all this siding in the road and look over (it is really windy here today) and see the side of a neighbor's house coming off. And it seems the more that blows off, the more it "unhooks" the rest of it. So I pull the car over and run up to their door to tell them. This college -aged guy opens the door, and I tell him and we walk around the side of the house to see it...and another piece goes flying over our heads. It was nuts! Looks like something out of a movie or something, with siding stuck even in the trees!
Then I jump back in the car and pull up to our house and see our glass storm door barely hanging on...with closer inspection, the wind has pulled it out of the doorframe! YIKES!
I feel like we are Pooh living in that Blustery Day book. =)
4 comments:
You are too funny! This stuff can only happen to you.
Amy
erica - how do you really keep up with your blog the way you do? you should get some sort of award :) Glad julia is ok - love all your pics!!
I agree with Amy....only this could happen to you my friend. Glad Julia was OK though. That is such a terrible feeling.
And, I'm EXTREMELY jealous with your sleeping babies. I would love to just have kids stay in bed until 7:30!
OMG! How do you get your children to sleep until 9 and 10!!! I need lessons, please :)
Post a Comment