Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Eek!

See this sweet girl? I made her cry tonight. There is nothing worse than hurting your baby (Mother of the year!). We'll just leave it as I was trying to clip her fingernails. And not using the baby safety clippers. I never imagined this would be a reason to page the Doc. YIKES. Little fingers bleed. A lot. And don't stop for a long time! From now on, clipping nails will be Daddy's job...because I don't know if I'll gain confidence to do that again, and I am not sure she'll ever let me near her with this tool. Ever.

Sorry, my sweet baby!
Posted by Picasa

3 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

OH, Erica. You make me smile. Don't worry she won't remember :) Until she's old enough to read this blog :)

Linkis Family Love said...

I think we have all done it at least once...:0)

Carly Winborne said...

Don't feel too bad....The very first time I cut JA's nails, she was sound asleep in her daddy's arms. I nipped the skin and boy, she howled, it bled, i cried (for hours!) and her daddy wouldn't let me forget it. (But he's too chicken to try it!) Even to this day, I don't cut their nails when he's home. That's definitely a "while daddy's at work" job.

At her age, did a cutesy bandaid help?