This has been a tough decision. Kate is really good with most kids. Except Ryan. They have a very big love hate relationship. They play and are the best of friends, and then our boy gets rough. Very rough. I'm not sure if it's some of his sensory issues or what. Kate has now snapped at him 3 times now, each increasingly worse in outcome, and I'm not really comfortable with taking our chances on when this might happen again. To Kate's credit--he's "deserved" ever one of these.
In full disclosure, I need to say that she has separation anxiety disorder...meaning when we leave, she must be caged or she eat about anything she can get her mouth on...books, CDs, baseball card collections, toys, etc. She also is on Propalin for urinary incontinence. Kate is 6 years old.
Despite Ry's relationship with her, I would feel totally comfortable in saying she's a good dog with kids. She puts up with a lot of child "abuse". She loves walks and playing ball. She loves other dogs.
Anyone want to "foster parent" her for a week or so and see if she'd be a good fit for your home?
She comes with food, leashes, a cage, Propalin, food bowls...
Any takers?
3 comments:
Yucky. I'm sure that is a super difficult choice to make...but probably the right one :(. Once when Emmett was in the hospital, his roommate was a 3 year old who was bit by the family dog and the wound got infected. He was in the hospital getting IV antibiotics for 3 days. The put down the dog shortly after...didn't feel like they had any other choice :(.
OMG you are breaking my heart. Katie has always seems soooo wonderful! So sorry to hear about the issues. I know your pain and how difficult the decision is...may she find a wonderful home with lot of lovies! Love you, Katei! (but gotta keep Ry Ry safe :o))
Crystal (cleaning lady) said she has a client who is a widow and looking for such a dog! Giving her the info! Hoping it works out. Love Katie!!!
Post a Comment