Wednesday, June 6, 2012

Kids Just Wanna Have (Dirty) Fun!

I am really trying to let this be a fun and memorable summer vacation for the kids.  I don't want them to grow up and remember their mom always telling them what they can't do. Or to clean their rooms. Pick up their toys. Shoes. Etc.  (I do enough of that, and it must not be working since it's still a mess around here!) So in a conscious effort to pick my battles, and let them do some "kid" stuff even if it makes me cringe, I decided to not step in when they used the hoses in the backyard to make a mud pit.  And then proceeded to roll around in it. They had a BLAST.  And I admit, seeing them smile was really fun to watch too.  For those of you in awe I let my daughter run around topless, she did start out with a shirt on...which was white, by the way...still soaking that one in Oxiclean! (We are slightly hoosier, but not all the way. HA.) It was just too "heavy" she said with mud that she decided to lose it.
Happy Summer!!!


1 comment:

Stacy said...

Someday, I can only hope I am as fun and easy going of a Mom as you! =)