Saturday, February 2, 2013

Followup Eye Visit (and good news!)

February 1, 2013 - I snap a pic of Em's eyes while we wait anxiously to see Dr. Blatt and hear what he thinks about her eyes and the success of the surgery.
Em has a little heart to heart with Big Bird...after she gives him (her?) a big ol'juicy kiss on the beak.

Dr Blatt says while Em's not straight with her glasses, she is "straight as an arrow" without them.  I literally about jump out of the exam chair for joy. So, our plan for now is to keep her out of her glasses for the next two weeks.  Hopefully in this time, her eyes will begin to work together, and when we return Dr. Blatt will most likely reintroduce glasses to her eyes. Phew! I'm elated! I don't even care she's going to be seeing blurry the next two weeks!  As long as we don't have to do that ick surgery again!
February 2, 2013 - Em enjoys a huge sucker during Ry's basketball game.  This works to keep her sitting still for approximately 2 minutes, in which time she somehow manages to become a wet, sticky mess. Thanks, Mom!! HA! =)
I am trying to relax and not freak out that these eyes sure don't seem "straight as an arrow"...worrying certainly will not change the outcome! Deep breaths! 
Ry and his friend Braiden build a a Lego creation to submit to the Lego Club Magazine.
Blurry baby sister comes in to check out the creation and decide if she wants to wreck it or not! =)
You can see her eyes are still bloodshot (expected), but her swelling is gone, and her playful self is mostly back!

No comments: