Friday, February 15, 2013

Patching, Round 2

Em had her 2 week post surgery eye appointment today.
I was bummed to hear we need to patch her left eye now for 1 hour a day.
Her right eye is going outward at times now (Intermittent Extropia).
This is frustrating, because surgery, this was her "good" eye.
Also, because I'm not sure if HATE is a strong enough word about how she feels about patching. 
When I pulled out the patches today, she immediately remembered them.
And started fussing.
As she gets a little older there is a benefit to her understanding things a little more...
but also a negative because I know she doesn't understand WHY her momma is subjecting her to this torture.
Sweet little thing is a trooper.
Near the end of the 40 minutes she lasted with it today she had calmed down with a banana.
And then, she was DONE!
Here's to a very fast month and hoping after that we are finished with this madness!

BIG thanks to my parents for taking Ry & Jul overnight!
Admist all this, we've got a 24 hr flu bug here...
and I think Em is on at least outfit #4 due to explosive diarrea.
Living the dream!! =)
Posted by Picasa

No comments: