
In a moment of insanity, we decided to plan a weekend trip to Chicago...and bring the kids...on the 5 hour train ride. (Ok, so it was a bit chaotic at times, but still way fun...and the kids made many memories. Mission accomplished!)

They thought the view out our hotel window was SUPER DUPER COOL.

Ryan poses in front of the massive Lego city and gives me the "I'm too cool for this" look.

Julia hangs on tight to Daddy in the pool.

Daddy is SO READY to move on from the American Girl store.

Ry and his Starbucks steamed milk, which he later proclaims "I don't like this!"

Julia drank her milk the entire walk back from Starbucks to our hotel room (Yes, she went in her jammies!). Then when Ryan stated that he didn't like his, she changed her mind as well. Right after this pic, she threw it on the ground and said "I don't want this!" Spanking #1 of the trip. =)

Julia was SO EXCITED to introduce her Bitty Baby to all the other American Girl dolls and get her photo taken on the red carpet.

Julia, Ryan and Jake.

"I 'ant this one, Mommy!" Julia tells me. I think if I buy another stroller Daddy will disown us both, so we leave the stroller display and babies at the store. She sure has a very convincing look though, doesn't she? "Please??" Daddy nearly caves, but the his "manliness" is already being very tested in this store. =)

Yippee! We wait to take a boat ride on Lake Michigan!

Jake, Taran and Josh chill out on the boat.

Ry, me, Jeff and Julia on the boat...she looks mad, doesn't she. She actually really loved the ride. I think she wanted Daddy to stop squeezing her so tight!

View of Chicago from Lake Michigan

The kids enjoy climbing around the bottom of a dinosaur at The Museum of Natural History near Grant Park after having a "picnic lunch" with hot dogs from a street vendor and ice cream sandwiches.

The kids chow down on some MacDonalds on the train ride home.
2 comments:
Looks like a fun trip! Promise we'll do better planning next time! Looking forward to being invited again!
You guys always have so much fun! Found your blog through Facebook and enjoy it!
Post a Comment