And when you walk in to find out what he is sorry about, you might hear, "I was building a fire and the bowl broke."
And you will try and remember to be thankful for his imagination. You will remind him that you love people and not things, although that still means we need to be careful and take care of our things...
And then your heart will be warmed when he smiles and his baby sister pats him on the arm saying over and over, "It's ok, Ry Ry. It's ok."
And then you will try and remember that heart warming feeling just 15 minutes later when this same 4 year old boy drags a stool into the bathroom, stands on it, and tries to use the toilet from "up high" to see what will happen. (A mess--and I did NOT get a photo of this scene. =) ).
1 comment:
Erica, this made me laugh (and cringe, and nod in agreement). I'm hoping SOME of the pee from "up high" made it into the toilet.
Post a Comment