Thursday, July 9, 2009

We're back!

I think this is the longest "break" I've ever taken from blogging. We are okay here...thanks for all of you who have asked what's happening. It is neat-o (and a bit humbling) knowing you all care so much, and it was fun hearing from people I never even knew read our blog who checked in. We are GREAT! Just summertime busy, and blogging just seemed to be that thing I dropped in order to get an extra 10 minutes of sleep in each night or the laundry folded! =)
So, please, if we go on another little haitus, don't worry! Remember the saying "no news is good news" totally applies!
By the way, my little guy is now swimming. All by himself. In the deep end. Off the diving board. With a lifejacket when Mommy is in charge, and without when Daddy is in charge. Because this is one of those "rules" we don't agree on.

Julia and I shared a sweet girlie moment recently...she walked into my closet, pulled out a dress and said "Oh, Mommy, this one is so pretty!" I am sure someday I'll cringe at her fashion awareness, but it was a sweet little closet chatter for now!
Julia has gotten much braver at the pool this past month. Emily and I brought the kids earlier this week and she actually told Em to scoot out of her way so she could jump. Geez, I think we're really going to have to keep our eyes on this daring one!
Ryan continues to request we call him "Peter" at random times.


The kids enjoy hanging all over Emily in the pool. She is such a good sport!

More summer fun...loving on Kate.

Playing with our baby dolls...
Going on bike rides to the park.

Celebrating 1/2 birthdays and playing with our cousins.

Let's see..since my last update, we've celebrated my mom's birthday, had KBK at our church, I've played (gasp!) golf with some girlfriends, lots and lots of tennis, Jeff has had tons of softball games, Father's Day fun, occupational therapy for Ryan (which our insurance company has denied coverage...and I am busy fighting them on, yet another time-sucker lately!), girls night to Pie and Moonrise Hotel, we've been in a minor rear-end accident on our way to the lake (not our fault) and are looking for a new SUV with third row seating (not due to the accident), playdates, pooltime, kid's birthday parties, and lunch with out of town friends and family...it's been nonstop BUSY!
I'm so grateful the kids are at the ages they are, because they have been total TROOPERS as we've dragged them all over the place this summer!

Thanks for missing us...I'll try and not be such a stranger! =)
Posted by Picasa

1 comment:

kaity g said...

hey so... I miss you and sherri already and I haven't even gone away yet. can we talk sometime please? we could go to lunch with sherri and hannah and heather and whoever else wanted to come. it would be great :) think about it.