Sunday, July 13, 2008

My "Business" Trip

My "business" trip was a success. =) It was a VERY relaxing, kid-free weekend! I arrived at the girls house (Emily, Melissa and Nicole) in Webster on Friday evening and we went for a yummy dinner at Pho Grand and then got takeout cheesecake from Cheesecake Factory and headed back to their house for some girlie chatting.
After an uninterrupted (gasp!!) night of sleep we woke up and went uptown to a little diner for breakfast and then over to Mark's house for some time by the pool. Theresa met up with us for this, and Nicole and Em took off for work.
Then Melissa and I did some "good" damage at West County Mall and closed the place down. Needing just a little bit of chocolate, but missing the Godiva store (everything closed while we were in our own little world trying stuff on in Ann Taylor Loft, hehe) we headed to Walmart by Em's work to grab some chocolate and a shirt. (We ran into this girl in the mall and I asked where her little top came from and that's what she said, so Melissa and I had to go and check it out...I have to say, not seeming as cute on the rack, but we'll see how it works. I mean, for $12, I figured I couldn't really go too wrong! It sure looked good on her and a similar one at the Loft was $40!!). =) Then we met up with Em, had our chocolate and some crazy flower flavored water Em is into now, a bit more girl-talk and I headed home around midnight to find Jeff up with a feverish Ryan. Welcome back to motherhood for me! =) It was a great great break, but I am (shock!) also glad to be home to love on the babies!! I might change my mind on that last sentence by Thursday of this week, as Jeff has another business trip and I get to experience single parenting yet again...

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

OMG!! I'm so jealous! I can't tell you the last night I've been kidless....it's been a REALLY long time :)