The kids slept in til 9am, which should signal a GREAT morning. However, by eleven I was ready for a stiff drink or some chocolate. (Or actually trying out my father-in-law's advice that a little whiskey for the kids might do the trick!). So, I decided to head to the grocery store to get more chocolate..and groceries! (That, and Krista informed me it's Shop N'Save's $10 off $50 purchase day, and despite my hatred for that store, I am trying to be a smarter consumer!)
So we headed out and stopped by the bank, where although Ry wanted to go through the "tunnel" (drivethru), I insisted we go in for the photo opportunity. (No wonder he is protesting having his photo taken lately!)Then to the grocery store. One of my issues with this store is the bagging your own stuff. By the time we have actually made it through the store, getting the kids to hang out in the cart while I bag just isn't realistic. We are usually on meltdown #2 by the time we are waiting in line to checkout. So today, in an attempt to outsmart them, I grabbed the bags to go and thought I'd strap the kids in their carseats and bag the groceries as I put them in vehicle. It would have been a great idea, had it not been raining. Although I still think the little shower I endured was maybe worth it.
Then to the Post Office where Ry really wanted to go inside but it didn't seem worth unloading them in the rain for my 60 second run-in, and I gave each kid a handful of chips (Sun Chips, so a little healthier than you are thinking!) to keep them busy and locked them in the car to mail a package to Aunt Stacy. (A book is coming your way soon, but media mail, so s-l-0-w-l-y..better consumer, remember?!).
Then to the library where we somehow managed once again to not lose (although 4 days overdue!)one of our TWENTY library books. One did have to be taped back together, thanks to Ry: "I couldn't like that book, Mommy!" Humm...wonder what THAT charge will be!?!
My big boy opening the door to the bank. He thought this should be a "push" not a "pull" door.
Just a different type of fast food. hehe. =)
1 comment:
I want to know what kind of schemes Ry Ry is pulling to have so many "tickets". I need to get in on his game.
Post a Comment