Friday, April 3, 2009

The best part


This morning the kids were playing in the family room and I noticed that things got very quiet. Any mom knows this can be cause for concern! I peeked in the room to find the kids huddled over our wedding album. Ryan was pointing to pictures and talking to Julia about them. It was super sweet. Then as he is turning the page, he tells her "The best part is coming up!" I, of course, am thinking he's getting to the 'you may now kiss the bride' photo, but next he says, "Look at this cake!!" And then he tells her, "Isn't it great? That is one BIG cake!" To which she responds, "Ohhh. Cake." And then he points to another picture and says, "See, it is like a tall tower!"
Then he says, "You want to see some of RyRy's books?" And she says "Uhhuh!" while he proceeds to pull out his two crammed full scrapbooks. And then, the question comes which no mother who is over two year behind in scrapping ever wants to hear from her 2 year old, "Where are my books?" Eek!!

Part of my purpose and dedication to this blog is to serve as an online scrapbook for the kids. It completely relieved my guilt about being so far behind, knowing if I ever do get around to catching back up, the blog will help me remember what happened when, journaling, and so forth. Until today.

2 comments:

Carly Winborne said...

oh, NO! i dread the day that question is asked of me. i have volumes for jordan ann, but one unfinished 1st year for poor jack. perhaps i'll get started on mine again soon.

PS: i haven't even gotten PRINTS made since may of last year! it's going to cost a fortune!!

Linda said...

Tell her to come see Grandma. I have an entire "Wednesday" book completed for Julia now.