Since becoming a mom, I have realized we talk much more freely about bodily functions around here. In fact, sometimes I stop and just think "huh? how did we get to here?" Today was one of those days!
When changing Julia's diaper, I said "Julia, do you have diarrea?" because her diaper looked a bit runny. "Dia-rea?" she asked me? "Yup, Jules, that is what I said." Well, she took to the word..."Dia-Reeaa, dia-Reea!" And then continued running around singing her new word for the next hour! Nice!
---------------
For the past few days, Ryan seems to have a small obsession with spitting. Spitting out his drink with a friend and laughing. (not funny). Spitting like crazy when we brush his teeth into the sink. And today I looked over and noticed he was sittingnext to Katy, her back was all wet, and he was wiping his mouth.
"Ry, did you throw up?"
"No."
"Ry, that is disgusting, we do NOT spit in this house. It is rude and disrespectful! Go to time-out RIGHT NOW!"
Then, from the time out chair I hear, "I DON'T CARE!"
Ohhhhh...well, lesson #1 in what not to tell your momma!
So I say "WHAT DID YOU JUST SAY?"
and he says, "I DON'T CARE!" while in unision Julia says, "Ry said 'I don't care!'"
While I stood there in total shock, Julia walked up to the time out chair, pointed her little finger at him shaking it saying, "Ry, Ry, you are in time out!"
Then she walked away and I can almost swear she rolled her eyes!
---------------------------------------
On the way to school this morning, Ryan was naming all the boys in his class he was going to play with. "Charlie, and Gavin and Alex and Cole."
And I said, "Ry, do you ever play with any of the girls in your class?"
And he said, "Yeah, I play with Izzy. But not Ellery. She is mean! She hit me, and I hit her back. I will get her. Bamm. Bamm. Bamm!"
And before I can intercept here, he continues on, "And if I see her at church, I will get her! I will hit her, and I will kill her!"
I decide to jump in here! "Ryan, that isn't nice! Hitting is not nice! And Jesus tells us not to kill!"
Ry gets quiet and then says, "Where?"
"In the Bible!"
Defeated, he says, "Oh. Ok."
Anyone want to visit church with us? We promise not to kill ya! =)
2 comments:
both of my older boys went through a spitting phase.
all i can say is "this, too, shall pass..."
This made Aaron and I laugh. I had to share it with him...a little glimpse into our future. =)
Post a Comment