Saturday, September 19, 2009

Geocaching

Today we had a memorable day of geocaching (a new high tech treasure hunt game played throughout the world).
This was the little plaque for the cross we were sitting on.
Stacy and Papa try and crack the code...

It's all fun and games, until someone has to poop...and there is no port-a-potty...and Mommy does not do a great job of holding the little man up, as she is surprised by a "frontal stream" as well...
...and the plan goes terribly terribly awry.
...SO not what we'd planned for!

So, after this "disaster" we lucked out and I had a pair of flip flops (green with flowers, although Ry didn't seem to notice) in the car and the lodge at Pere Marquette had a pair of girls Gap size 5 blue shorts they were kind enough to give us so at least our little guy had clothes on for our lunch at The Landing!

For more pics, check out grandma's blog.

2 comments:

Pieface-Pirate said...

Great post. A very good family activity. I'm glad you had fun, but it seems as if Ryan had a little too much fun. (Ha!)

I did some geocaching with my grandchildren and it was a blast. I had a hard time keeping up, but we found the treasure and they enjoyed it a lot.

Pirate

Stacy said...

So we actually were not eating at the Landing. My mom just kept calling it that on accident. We were actually at The Loading Dock

http://www.graftonloadingdock.com/