See this?
(I'm not talking about the hottie hubby).
This cantalope did NOT come from a supermarket.
Uh..yeah. We have a GARDEN! Sorta...
See, earlier this summer, Jeff threw a cantalope seed into our front landscaping...not thinking much of it. And then we noticed we had quite a vine growing. And it kept getting bigger, and bigger, and bigger. And while I was trying to figure out what it was, and if I should pull this weed (?) like thing or not...And then we noticed about 20 cantalope starting to grow! Of course, we had to keep it then!
I am sure this breaks some major rule in our neighborhood association's book (which makes me, the rule-follower cringe!), but since we haven't gotten a letter about it or any negative verbal feedback yet, we're keeping it! Besides...I figure we could "pay off" those naysayers with some free fruit! (No worries...if we try this again next year, it will be in the back!)
Ryan shows his entrepreneur side and climbs the pole to announce he is selling "fresh ant-elope from my garden for sale!"
By the way, I made him put on pants to go outside. We are going through another naked phase. I can't wait until that ends, since now Julia does everything her brother does! I am trying to look on the bright side.
Naked phase = less laundry!!
1 comment:
careful with vine plants near the house...we learned the hard way with pumpkins and watermelon that mice really like that environment! aaaggghhh. you cantelope, however, looked super!
Post a Comment