Monday, July 14, 2008

Happy Birthday to Me!

I had a fun birthday! Thanks to everyone who sent cards, phone calls, email and texts, and visits...I felt SO loved!!
Jeff baked a cake for me in the morning before he had to head to the airport. Who says you can't have cake for breakfast!? =)
Then Emily and I brought the kids to the pool and they both had a BLAST! When we got home, both kids napped (WHOA! A rare thing around here anymore for Ry to nap, and a nice treat for me!!) Then Melissa, Emily and I had a little BBQ and Melissa watched the kids and Em and I took off for tennis league...we must have had some "birthday luck" on our side, because we took over 6-2, 6-1 in a very sweet victory!!!Julia was walking Daddy out to the car for his trip. Notice the shoes: she DEMANDED to wear these today. The girl has some BIG opinions on her footwear! =)

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Dylan is all about shoes too...makes me crazy. I actually had to drag her out of Stride Rite once because she threw such a fit in there over a pair of shoes that I wanted to get her. I think it must be a girl thing, although I can't relate because I hate shoes :)

Anonymous said...

BTW - Happy Birthday!

Sara...... said...

Happy Birthday Erica! Your kids are soo cute, i hadn't checked your blog in a while :0) I am glad you had a great weekend....I will not mention that I am jealous over your full night of sleep.....!!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Happy birthday. Sounds like you had a great day.