Ry had his semi-annual checkup with our ENT today at St. John's. I figured while I was driving over there (and paying $20 for them to look in his ears and say he's perfectly fine all in less than 5 minutes! urgh!), we might as well stop in at the big Nordstrom anniversary sale.
Mom and Krista decided to tag along, so between the 3 of us adults we had 4 little people. We'd only been in the store about 20 minutes when Julia does a nose dive into the nice, hard tile floor and busts open her lip, making it nice and bloody and instantly swollen. (Not to mention that front tooth is now loose! Just noticed that since we got home. YIKES!) The next hour and a half was filled with statements like this "Ry, sit in the stroller, NOW!", "Get your hands off your sister!", "Julia, quit grabbing Ryan!", "You and you, sit here, and don't touch ANYTHING!", "If you do that one more time, you will lose Thomas train for a whole day!" Even in Gymboree where they are so smart to invest in a television to keep the kid busy while the parents shop, MINE are the two that are causing CHAOS while the other kids sit there content in their strollers. MINE insist on getting out of the stroller, insist on touching the screen and wrestling each other. Good times...
When we get in the car to head home mom says "Well, that was fun." And she was totally serious...interesting perspective, since I was thinking "THIS is exactly why I hire a babysitter to go shopping...TOTALLY worth the $$!"
1 comment:
Yeah that is about how it is with our shopping trips, too! Luckily, my kids haven't started attacking each other yet, though :-) I am actually headed to Babies R Us today to buy a double stroller! I figured that Dylan would be over the whole stroller thing by now since she's 5, but her little legs just can't go as fast as I need to shop in order to keep Caiden happy!
Does Jeff change jobs every year?! he must have ADHD like me ;-)
Post a Comment