I then got a text message with information that changed this wonderful day into one of saddness...we received word that there had been a shooting at Maryville Baptist Church, which is also where the kids attend preschool.
In case you haven't had the news on today, my sister sums up this senseless tragedy on her blog, or you can see a news story here.
A 27 yr old man walked into the church and fired shots at Pastor Fred. His gun jammed, and some men from the church tackled the man to the ground (and were inflicted with knive wounds during this struggle). I keep thinking of that guy...WHY would he do this??? I know he and his family need prayers too..it is just hard to be in the place to want to lift him up.
Please pray for Pastor Fred's wife and daughters, and the church family at MBC. Pastor Fred's wife, Cindy, is also the sister of our favorite photographer, Will Jackson (what a small world!).
The verse I keep repeating in my head as I ask "Why?" is this: Proverbs: 3:5 Trust in the LORD with all your heart, and do not lean on your own understanding.
1 comment:
no way. my husband told me about this on sunday morning when he saw the breaking news on fox news. i immediately thought of you and wondered if this church was near you. and now this post. i'm very, very sorry to hear about this.
other than pray, is there anything i can do?
Post a Comment