Sunday, March 22, 2009

Timber Falls and THAT Mom



I learned a few things on our weekend getaway. We decided to bring the kids to an indoor water park called Timber Falls. I had planned on just hanging out with the camera and staying dry. My idea of fun isn't really flying down water slides while trying to make sure my 2 children keep their heads above water themselves! And frankly, stuffing my untanned self into a swimsuit and walking barefoot on the wet ground kinda gives me the heebie-geebies! However, Jeff looked at me, narrowed his eyes and said "Don't be THAT mom." So, for the record, I wasn't. I went down a slide. And then again. And again. And when I met back up with the fam, Jeff gave me this look of total admiration. Who knew what "THAT mom" was?!? But I know I don't want to be HER!
Ryan never did warm up to the water slides, but he LOVED the Lazy River and playing in the big water playhouse. Every few minutes this HUGE bucket that sat on top of the playhouse would tip over pouring TONS of water all over everything and by the time it was ready for us to leave, he was begging to stay "2 more minutes!"

Julia went down a few slides with Jeff. Sometimes she looked excited, and others she had a concerned look on her face that changed to excitement as she realized there was literally light at the end of the tunnel. (Their slides were all enclosed, and dark!). When I offered to go with her, she said "NO!!", so guessing she preferred just splish splashing in the water under her own control!

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Yeah..for you!!! We did that last year and I wasn't THAT mom either, although it wasn't really much fun and it kind of made me nauseaus. Where is Timber Falls?