Monday, March 23, 2009

Toe Painting and Reading

Ryan: Mommy, I want my toes to be pink like yours.
Me: Well, Ry, usually boys don't paint their toes. Just girls.
Ryan: Well, I am a girl!
Me: No, you are a boy. Just like Daddy. And boys don't usually paint their toes. But if you want to try it out and see, I can show you what it is like and maybe we can paint one of your toes.
Ry: But I am a girl!
Me: No, Ry. God made you a perfect boy!
Ryan: Mommy, when Julia gets bigger she is going to get a penis, too!

Julia loves to do nearly everything that Ryan does. Our little copy-cat saw big bro sitting around reading books today and she plopped down next to him. She proceeded to pick up about every book in his stack, open it to the last page, and say proudly, "The end!"
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Tell Ryan that Emmett painted his toenails and his friends made fun of him(it was during the summer). But, he's just brought it up again and we're going to do it now so it hides under his socks :)

Linkis Family Love said...

how about some clear nail polish? would that please both parties?