
Julia HATES her Easter dress. And that is putting it mildly. I tried it on her the other day. I thought we were doing ok, in the fact she even allowed me to slip it over her head. (Particularly when these days she seems to fuss over anything that isn't pajamas or looks like them.) Boy, what an incorrect assumption. She looked down at it. And said "No, Mommy. I
don't like this dress!" And then when I sat there staring at her with this fake smile she said it louder. And louder. And louder. I sat there in complete denial until Ryan walked up with his hands on his ears saying "Jew-e-a is being too loud, Mommy!"

My angel apparently does not realize she is shattering all those visions every mother has when she hears those words "it's a girl!"...you know, the ones about getting to dress her up in long gowns, like a little doll, complete with matching accessories and very large hairbows?

I have tried to talk sensibly to her about this.
I have tried to bribe.
I
know it is superficial...
...but somehow, it still seems important.
Any suggestions??

(Ryan, is quite satisfied with his new shirt and can't WAIT to wear it to find eggs and candy).
3 comments:
You know, this same kind of scenario is what got Stacy coal in her stocking one Christmas Eve....
Post the dress pic, and let's see what we can find that a 2yr old would find awesome to love about it! Devin is quite into "self dressing" too, so I have come up with some darn crazy creative things. ha-
We always make a big deal about what a Princess they look like...how pretty it is when they spin around in their dress, get excited about the sounds their fancy "click, click" shoes make, and my girls always get excited about special accessories(purses, necklaces, and bracelets). I've been pretty lucky overall, my girls are girly girls, and we dress them up pretty often, but they have their times. Brit thinks she is too old for bows in her hair (rolls eyes)!
Post a Comment