This afternoon Ryan and I brought Julia to get her hair cut. I must say, in the last 6 mos, my baby girl has really gotten the hang of how this works. We have gone from her needing to sit on my lap for this process (a hairy mess!) while constantly sucking on a sucker, to today.
Where she walked all by herself back to the chair with the stylist. She was so good! She held so still, moving her head just the direction she was asked to. And then...I looked away...and back up..and saw her getting a blow dry! I was shocked. I mean, part of me was surprised she was sitting allowing her hair to be styled this way (I mean, this is the child who refuses to have a fan on her at night or the window rolled down in the car!), and part of me wanted to jump up and tackle the stylist for introducing my sweet baby girl's virgin-not-a-split-end-to-be-found hair to heat styling! (Gasp!) Thankfully, the rational side of my brain won out in this debate, and I remained glued to my seat.
...I must say. She is CUTE!
I think we'll hold off on the nail polish for a bit longer though... =)

1 comment:
she is a cutie!
i can't wait for jack henry to be able to sit through a haircut...he just got one yesterday, and he and i were full of lollipop drool and hair. it was gross. but, he looks so cute now!
Post a Comment