Friday, June 20, 2008

Messy Park Day

This morning our Mom&Me group had a "Messy Park Day" organized for the kids.
This is my cousin Jessica's son Devin playing with a shaving cream/food coloring mix.
This is my cousin Jenn's son Connor playing with a messy mix!

Here is my cousin Jenn and her sweet 6 mth old Jaden. I had to laugh, because it looks like they are both observing a moment of silence or something, and this morning was ANYTHING but silent! =)

For some reason, Ryan preferred to splash around in the puddles instead of the messy games!
Here is some of our group making red slime!

Ryan and Julia enjoying a little snack out at the park.

Ryan wasn't obeying this morning, so we had to leave messy park day early. I was totally bummed to head home with the kids instead of staying out at the park to chat with the other moms! I literally had to carry him to the car kicking and screaming. Good times. But as Jeff said just the other night, "There is a NEW sheriff in town!" With all the sick going around here, we've been kinda lax on the discipline, and it is catching up with us!!!
By the time we got home, Ry was "over" his tantrum of leaving his friends and then he had ANOTHER one when I told him we weren't having Cheez-its for lunch. After serving a very sad time-out, he changed his attitude and helped me make some mac n'cheese/hot dog lunch. Yumm.

1 comment:

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Disciplining is SO tough! Just wait until you have a first grader :)....I enjoy every year gets a little tougher!