Saturday, June 14, 2008

RY UPDATE

Children's says to give him more Tylenol and that he is fine until his fever hits 105. We are pretty dang close, especially because the nurse asked me if I added a degree already for taking his temp under his arm - YIKES! She said 105 is when they usually like to see them, but most kids are okay until 106 or even 107. I was afraid to ask what "okay" meant.
His shaking has seemed to stop, and Children's wasn't worried about that. Possible febrile seizure, not serious as it sounds, just happens when child's temp rises or falls rapidly.
I just went up to give him the additional meds, and about 30 seconds after they went in he vomited that and a slew of other liquid up. Cottage cheese, anyone?
So, now our bed and Ry's bed both have clean sheets, and my child has had 2 showers in an hour...looking on the bright side...things are clean around here. (except Jeff and I!).
We're going to continue monitoring this fever, and connect with the Doc's office this am at 9 sharp!
Will keep posting updates....
8:16AM, he is responding well to tylenol. his fever is now 99 degrees, although he just told me he'd like to take another shower?!?!

No comments: