Friday, June 6, 2008

Trains and Telephones



Baby sister's FAVORITE toy now seems to be the telephone. Even if she can't find one laying around to use, she will use something else to have her gibberish conversations. Ryan is still going strong with his trains being his FAVORITE toys...I keep thinking he's going to tire of the trains, but 2 years later, they are still his preference! =)

Tonight we went out to grab dinner and to look for some new outdoor furniture and possibly a new lawnmower. While we were on the way home, Julia started fussing in her seat. Ry looked over at her and said "It's okay baby sister, we are almost home." I turned around and told him what a great brother he was and how nice that was of him to try and comfort Julia. He very firmly informed me "Mommy, I am NOT a brother. I am a BIG BOY." hehehe. I tried to explain, but he has it set in his mind. So that goes in the "kids say the darndest things" file!

Oh, also tonight at Home Depot I said "Hey Ry, let's go to the potty." So we are walking up front past all the registers and he very loudly says hello to everyone and then announces "We are going to the potty. Mommy has to go potty." So then we walk into the women's restroom and he tells me we are in the wrong one, he wants to go next door to the men's. I try and explain I can't go in that one and to just follow me. So I walk him in a stall, and he is still resisting, so I say "ok, I'll go first, then you." So a few moments later this is what everyone in the restroom hears happily exclaimed very loudly: "YEA, MOMMY! YEA! You went potty in the potty!" as he did his happy dance. Good times... =)

No comments: