I am on the phone now trying to get doc. Ryan has 104.8 fever, and this is after I threw him in a shower. He cried out and I ran into his room and he had vomited and said "Look, Mommy!" and his little body was shaking so uncontrollably, and he said "I want to take a shower!" and then he seemed like he was going to throw up more, so I grabbed him and ran into his bathroom and told him if he had to do more, to try and throw up in the potty, and he started crying and told me "I want to take a shower, Mommy!" So we ran into our bathroom and I started the shower, and he wanted to get in when the water was still freezing cold. Then I was wondering about how safe this was, because the poor little guy is still shaking pretty good and I was afraid he was going to fall, so I was half in with him. Then I got him out and he surprisingly didn't protest and then he was shivvering so I wrapped him in a towel and laid him in bed next to Jeff. Then took that alarmingly high temp with the thermometer and gave him some Tylenol.
I just called the physicians exchange...waiting for a callback from Children's Hospital...
Say a little prayer for our little guy! I don't remember ever having this high of fever....and wonder how high it was BEFORE the cool-down shower!
1 comment:
High fevers stink. They feel SO HOT to the touch, don't they? Our pediatrician in Colorado called Owen his high fever kid, because it was nothing for him to spike to 106! They told us not to put him in the shower, because as soon as he gets out he will shiver his temp up again and it could get even higher. They also told us that your body won't go higher then it can tolerate unless it's from heat (i.e, a heat stroke), so don't worry about the number. Hard to swallow when they're that high, eh? Interestingly, Emmett has never been over 104 and he's then one w/ febrile seizures. Go figure!
Post a Comment