Friday, January 2, 2009

Chatter


Christmas Eve, we are at church and the pastor is talking about a funny childhood memory. He shares his story, and the congregation chuckles. Then, as the laughter stops and the people are silently waiting for him to continue speaking, Ry looks at me and says LOUDLY, "Oh my, he is a funny guy!"

Yesterday:
Julia (in her playhouse with her dolls): Niiii, niiitte, babee.
Ry walks in.
Julia (pointing finger): No, Ry Ry. No!
Ry: Baby, can I be the daddy?
Julia (pauses to think): Ok. (Then she hands him the baby and leaves the playhouse. Smart girl!)

And today:
Me: Ry, did you have fun with Glammie and Papa yesterday at the movie theatre?
Ry: Yes, but I was mad.
Me: You were mad?
Ry: Yes, because I didn't see you there.
Me: Well, I had to stay home with baby sister so she could take a nap. Babies can't go to movies. You got to go for a special treat because you are a big 4 year old boy!
Ry: Daddy could have stayed home with her!
(I am, at this point, impressed with his critical thinking skills..he is becoming better at forming his arguments!)
Me: Daddy had to run to the store, so I had to stay home with Julia.
Ry: Oh. Yeah. Okay. Sorry.

Me (at lunchtime): Julia, would you like more cheese?
Julia (growling!): NO!!!
Ry: That's it. Bad attitude baby. You are going to bed!
Julia (screaming, flailing arms and shaking head): NO! NOOOO!
Ry: Yes baby. You are too tired to be awake.

1 comment:

Stacy said...

That is a great pictures of him! It looks like his modeling head shot :)