It's one of those days where I have ignored dinner plans all day long...despite the fact we haven't left the house except to venture outside for about 30 minutes of playing in the snow.
One of those days where everything I think I might whip together, I am missing ONE ingredient...the one you couldn't do without.
So, does anyone know what happens if you put frozen chicken tenderloins in the oven and throw a can of cream of broccoli soup on there? It kinda sounds like something my mom would have done years ago. You know, one of those things we would have hated as kids (sorry Ry and Julia!) but might have liked when we were older?
Well, going to try this out...cross your fingers! =)
UPDATE:
This is what it ended up looking like. (I sprinkled some crushed Ritz Toasted Chips on top to add a bit of crunch). I also got nervous when the chicken was in the oven that I wouldn't get it cooked all the way through, so I nabbed it out of the pan and stir-fryed it on the stove, cutting it into small pieces at the same time as to cook faster). Then I put it back in the oven and topped it with the chips. I gave this about 5 stars out of 10. For sure not something I would ever crave again. However, Jeff (who seems to be picky) really liked it enough for me to pack up the leftovers for lunch tomorrow.
Now, I did do a little PR job on him...when he came home, he said "What's for dinner?" And I said "Oh, It is a special surprise!" (Ok, not really stretching the truth too much there...it for sure was a surprise to me what this would be like, too!). Then I said "I think you will like it!" Well, either the cooking, or the PR worked...=)
2 comments:
Loved this! I'm happy to hear that some other moms pretend like dinner just isn't happening that night, like I do on occasion.
How did dinner turn out?
you are so my friend. if for no other reason than this post alone. i love it. the PR spin included.
Post a Comment