Tuesday, January 27, 2009

Perfect Jammie Day

Today the kids preschool was canceled due to our latest snowstorm...I don't seem to remember school being closed when the snow doesn't even cover the grass when I was a kid, but I didn't mind having the extra-hang time with the kids (we've been super busy and on-the-go lately), and a great excuse to stay in comfy clothes all day! =)
A foo-foo drink...a great way to start the AM!
"I ant some!" demanded Julia, so I gave her a little squirt of whipped cream to top off her cereal.
Then we headed outside for some wagon rides....think Daddy will have to head up the sledding...that was a bit too much for me. I did shovel the driveway/front walk and the kids had fun playing in the snow.
Jeff hates to shovel. (Strangely, the past few years he has been out of town for every single one of our big snowstorms.) He has the "it's just going to melt in a few days anyhow!" attitude. I am the opposite. I think a shoveled driveway and walk are so cozy and welcoming! We have an ergonomic shovel that I LOVE. Jeff would like to sell this every spring in our neighborhood yard sale. So I make great effort to put it to good use when I can. Today was no exception. It really does make the job easy, and not tough on your back. A few years ago, 9 mos pregnant with Julia I was out there shoveling. One of my very kind neighbors sent her boys over to help me out afraid it would send me into labor...little did she know labor was exactly what I was going for!

Our neighbors are so kind to us! We were gifted this when they outgrew it, and Ryan loves to use it in the summertime to play in (mess up!) the landscaping, and it worked very well today in the snow!Later we came inside, had lunch, and had a playdate with Josie and Izzy O'Day. Their parents are busy at work trying to get their new restaurant (Wang Gang Asian) up and running, so the girls spent some fun play time here.
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Linkis Family Love said...

love the cutie white mug with the polka dots around the edge! where did you get those! oh please, don't let it be a garage sale or some thing that has gone out of business...so my luck. ha ha ha
good to see ya today!

Amy Busch said...

What a perfect day! I'm sure the kids loved it.