Sunday, March 15, 2009

Eight


Eight. That is the number of large loads of laundry I just washed, dryed, folded, ironed and hung. Four laundry baskets of stuff that still needs to be put in drawers. (Krista, by the way, we amazingly only had ONE mismatched sock out of this batch. I am, however, still missing a shirt from last week's laundry. I don't know how I am able to keep track of the socks, yet we lose a SHIRT. Go figure?!)

Monday is usually laundry day. I was trying to get a jump-start on the week, as the kids have dental appointments in the morning. This number doesn't even include the sheets or bathrobes. It seems crazy to me the amount of time this chore takes. And I feel like this was a "low" week for us even as we didn't have preschool this week and had several "play at home" casual days which = less laundry!

As is, I feel like I can fit lots of clothes in a load. I probably stuff in more than is intended. I am afraid of what this number will grow to as the kids get older, and their clothes get bigger!!!

Is this normal? How many loads does YOUR family do a week?

6 comments:

Tasha Roe said...

You go girl! :) That is a great feat to have under your belt before the week even starts. Not to freak you out but I can wash 2 loads a day and then Ella's diapers are every other day. pretty crazy!! If I didn't have my high efficiency washer & dryer we would be paying out the wazoo for water and gas.

Carly Winborne said...

aahhh, laundry. a topic near and dear to my heart. i do more laundry loads than i care to count. i recruited wes to help me get a jump start on it yesterday just like you did and it's still not done. i don't think it will ever be "done".

i made the comment yesterday - how can two adults and two small people create so much laundry???!!

i'll never know...

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

UGH! I hate laundry. I do OK w/ the washing/drying part is the putting away part that I'm horrible at. We do about 3 loads of laundry a day. Seriously. Soccer adds a lot, because he has three uniforms, practices numerous times a week...lots of clothes changing. I'm going to keep track for fun this week, but I'll bet we do 20 loads a week.

Rudd Family said...

Wow, I only do about 4-5 loads in a whole week. Do you change clothes 5times a day? We do have a very big high efficency washer that I cram full.

Angi said...

We probably average 5 or 6 loads a week at our house. What I usually try to do is put a load in the washer one night, then transfer it to the dryer and start a new load in the washer the next night, fold what's in the dryer on the third night, etc. It helps to break it up a little so that I don't feel like I'm so bombarded with dirty clothes! There are times, though, when it doesn't work out and I end up spending a whole Sunday doing ALL of it at once! Oh, and I'm a crammer, too. :)

Linkis Family Love said...

Hmmm, I never really had put a quantitative description to it...just always knew that laundry seems to be ever present on the to do list. Now that I think about it, we do about 7-8 loads every other week. I am a: let it go and then do a laundry marathon type. It is more "green" to run your dryer all at once, as opposed to a little bit each day. (so they say..something about once it is heated up, it takes less energy to heat it for subsequent loads...)
Anyway-it does sound like you all must be wearing multiple layering outfits a day! ha ha ha Do you have one of those front loader, big washers? I can't do those bc of my back, so I am in a jumbo drum top loader. May make a difference in numbers???Interesting topic!