Tuesday, March 17, 2009

My maybe new/old career.

So...KSDK has been within 3 miles of my house now for beat stories (and one national news!) 3 times in the last 9 days. All of which, I could have gotten some way better interviews than they were able to get. (Not trying to brag...just comes with knowing the locals!) So, seriously, if for some reason there is yet another major news story coming from this area in the next week or so, I am not even kidding, I am calling the news director about being a stringer. Hopefully, I won't have to resubmit a resume tape, because when Jeff wants a good laugh, he pulls out my old one.


This pediatrician's office building is close to my parents house. They were going to watch the kids tonight while I played tennis and we decided to head over a bit early and check out some of this action. I can't believe I didn't get it on video, but a fireman came up and chatted for a bit with the kids and they were both in awe.
The info I got on the scene was that the fire started in the landscaping and with the high winds we had today spread quickly to the roof. Fortunately, everyone was evacuated safely and the biggest concern right now is recovering computer servers which contained important medical information.

On another note; This morning when I was dressing Julia, I put on her leggings, and she said "No! I don't like those!" Being the stellar mother I am, I ignored her and then distracted her while I pulled the dress over her head, and then she looked down and said "No! I don't like this dress!" I am so not ready for her to start having an opinion about clothing. For the record, the day this girl refuses to wear a hair bow and/or the color pink, I am going to need a big fat piece of brownie or some other comfort food!!

Happy St. Pat's Day!!

1 comment:

Tasha Roe said...

look at you! did you use to do stuff like this before? and i have no idea what a stringer is. lol

miss julia is cracking me up because i think that is what i am going to be up against here shortly. ella is only 10 months old and is already tossing the food she doesnt want off her tray. ugh. WHY?!!