We are spending the weekend at my parent's lake house with Uncle Jeff and Aunt Amy. We've had lots of, uh, memories so far. Here is the top ten list of just today:
10. When Julia asked Ryan for a drink of water, he responds, "No baby, no sharing, I have a cold." (Which he does).
9. When we were leaving for dinner, Erica put the car in neutral on accident (on a very steep hill) and had the parking block not been there we would have been in the front porch. Jeff and Jeff's face (they were in another car watching all this) = priceless!
8. In Walmart, Ryan is singing "Take Me Out To The Ballgame" and changes the words up a bit, instead of "buy me some peanuts and cracker jacks" he says "buy me some cheez-its and cracker jacks...." (Cheez-its are his favorite treat!)
7. Ryan in the middle of dinner stands up, excuses himself and busts into "Z-O-O-U-!" as he dances a cheer type move. We will be working on manners and spelling. However, our waitress thought he was so cute she joined his cheer and gave us 5 "Pepper Pals Pepper Award" certificates to get a free kid meal.
6. "Ryan, what is your sister's name?" "Baby sister." "But what is her name?" "Baby sister!" (Amy was convinced for a bit here that he did not know Julia's name. We were finally able to coax this out of him..and for the record, he passed.)
5. After a combined 5 trips here, we have just now figured out there is cable hooked up...just in time for the 3rd quarter of the 2nd Mizzou game we've been here for. And we didn't just learn this by finally turning on the television..we've listened to games in the car radio, streamed through the pc, and through updates on cell phones. Who knew the switch on the remote needed to be switched from "tv" to "cable". My computer genius husband somehow missed this before his meltdown about possibly missing the game.
4. Ryan locked Julia in the bathroom. When Aunt Amy asked him why, he said, "She was not listening!" (And she does not yet know how to open the doorknob, which made things all a bit more interesting. Thankfully, we finally found a key!)
3. In the parking lot of Lowe's, Ryan got run over by a stray cart..driven by his mommy! Eek! Fortunately, no head injuries were sustained in this, or in #2.
2. Julia falls off the side of the bar height kitchen table stool. We do have a toddler seat down here (thank you, Aunt Krista) but since I am all about "simplifying" I am not sure why that didn't seem necessary enough to pull out of the closet.
1. "Julia, please come here." "No!" "Julia Claire, do you want to go in time out?" Pause. (she is thinking) "Yes."

3 comments:
What a cute family picture. I love Julia's outfit. I hope I will be seeing you guys soon!! :-) Things went well on Friday. Ill let you know when I know something for sure.
It sounds super fun! We miss you guys :)
I'm with Amy, I have never, ever heard him say Julia and was starting to doubt he knew her name.
Post a Comment