Thursday, January 22, 2009

Potty Princess

Today when I picked up the kids from preschool, Mrs. Gwen asked about Julia and where we were with potty-training so she could follow the same routine at school. I think she jinxed us.

Julia has showed very little interest in this. Until today. She did carry the potty up from downstairs last week. Being the stellar mother I am, I ignored this. On purpose. You see, I am not ready for her to do this. For one, she is my baby, and somehow, this makes her less of that. Secondly, I am not ready to really do this until she is old enough to make it through car rides and stores without accidents and mad dashes to the restroom or side of the road. We avoided most of this with Ryan, and I really hope to do the same with her. Besides, she likes to sit on it (lid down) and watch tv, and it was serving that purpose just fine..until today!

"I did it, Mommy!
"Air it is, Mommy! Mommy, potty!!"


"I ant to try again!"
(We repeat this step about 10 times.)

Ryan comes to check it out. She is SO proud and won't stop telling him she went potty. He at first is like "so what" and then gets excited for her.

It took me over 1 hour and 3 accidents on the floor to convince her to put her diaper back on. Fun! Aggggg!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

i'm with you - totally NOT interested in potty training until we can just get it done, even if it means they're closer to 3. i usually start working on going once a day (before bath) at around 18-20 months.

btw, i've NEVER seen a kid more excited than julia about her success! so cute!

Vetter Family said...

I understand! You know what I have been going through since Lexi decided she wanted to start last summer. There.. not there... there... and now back to NOT. Today we went without bottoms for the morning to see if we could progress a bit back to the "there". Then ironically saw your post after. What fun!