Saturday, September 27, 2008

Clifford in the Park!

After the NCCS Walk we took a little hike (ok, a BIG hike...and it seemed like uphill both ways..hehe!) to visit the KETC Channel 9 Arthur in the Park day. Several of the Channel 9 characters were scheduled to attend.

I am SO grateful that I didn't "talk up" any of the other characters besides Clifford to Ryan. He wa SO EXCITED to see Clifford, and we waited in about a 40 minute line just to do so. There were lines this long for EVERYTHING (so I can't imagine waiting to see Curious George, Arthur and the others too!)! It was a total MADHOUSE!! In fact, Krista took one look at the place and decided to head back to the car. Since Ry was so excited, we headed straight to the line for Clifford and tried to entertain the kids in the line while we waited!

Entertaining tactic #1: bottled water.
The Delta Dental bear was walking around (without a wait, gasp!) and mom stayed in line while I brought the kids over to say hello. They had no idea who this "character" was, but they were both very interested in him. Ryan insisted on giving a gigantic bear hug to the bear!
I can't remember the name of this character. He and Ry had a nice little conversation. Ryan told him his name, and that he was "free" (three).

Julia gets up close and personal as long as I am holding onto her. She really wanted to check this guy out!!Smiles! Well worth the wait!! =)

No comments: