
Today we celebrated Great Papa's (Grumpy) Birthday. His girls - Linda, Kathy, Anna and Mary planned quite a party to remember #90. All his kids, grandkids and greatgrandkids (Ry and Julia) were scheduled to attend the event. Unfortunately, due to a crazy flood in Edwardsville, Jeff's parents and Stacy got stuck here at the house with another water "incident". (I am not even kidding, BAD things seem to happen to the Harriss family with water. This is the SECOND time they have had a house flood, and even while on a trip a few years ago their brand new camper was destroyed by a flash flood...it just all seems to much to happen to one family!! On a side note, Jeff and I have had our leaking window issue, and even Patrick and Crystal have had one of their own. Watch out Stacy!!!)
Above, Ry is having fun playing with one of Grumpy's neighbors. Anna and Bob had the Thomas carnival adventure train set, and Ry played with this for hours!

Grumpy, Aunt Mary, and Melissa enjoy the eats.

Jessica, Shelly and Rick (right side of the table).

Jessica, Shelly, Rick and Nick munching on the great lunch.

Aunt Kathy and the neighbors.

It all looks (and tasted!) SO YUM!! Great job, Anna!!

The cooks, Anna and Bob. Every time I have been to an event at their house they are so super organized, so hospitable, and it is like Thanksgiving as far as the food/treats go. We never leave hungry, that's for sure!!

Julia tackles her plate. She is fortunately getting a
tiny bit better using the utensils, which makes the messes she creates more manageable!

If I knew Ry would be this excited about the can of Planters nuts Grampy got, we might have given him some for Christmas last year! Look at that face!!?!
The birthday guy poses next to the newspaper clipping of his birthday announcement.
Uncle Patrick and Aunt Crystal
Yummmm...Aunt Mary brought the cake. (I think!)

On a side note, the kids weren't fantastic on the drive to Chicago and home, but it wasn't the nightmare I was afraid of. Ryan was great, and Julia only screamed for, um, a little bit. =)
1 comment:
I think you top the lists as to most birthday partys attended. I bet you go to my birthday partys in one month then I attend in one year. Good thing you aren't tempted by all that cake....
Post a Comment