All of a sudden Ry is yelling, "Hurry, Mommy! It's raining! Our strollers are getting wet!" So he and I rushed to bring it all back inside during this (no kidding!) downpour. Then he wanted his Cars umbrella so he could go out and stand in the rain, and I figured I might as well let him. (Grandma, if you are reading this: it is a MYTH you can catch a cold by being out in the rain!)
Thursday, August 21, 2008
Playing in the Rain
Today Ry got the opportunity to play in the rain TWICE! During Julia's naptime, I decided we should clean out the garage, so I pulled most everything out in the driveway and Ry was playing around out there while I was sweeping out the garage floor.
All of a sudden Ry is yelling, "Hurry, Mommy! It's raining! Our strollers are getting wet!" So he and I rushed to bring it all back inside during this (no kidding!) downpour. Then he wanted his Cars umbrella so he could go out and stand in the rain, and I figured I might as well let him. (Grandma, if you are reading this: it is a MYTH you can catch a cold by being out in the rain!)
Then when Jeff got home from work I was on the riding mower cutting the grass, and Jeff was in the backyard playing with the kids. All of a sudden it started a total downpour. Absolutely no sprinkling warning, just immediate HARD RAIN! I didn't even drive the mower into the garage- just turned it off and RAN for the house. Jeff grabbed Julia, but Ryan didn't follow. Instead he climbed up into his playhouse. He was great up there for a bit, but after a few minutes he was hollering for us to "save" him. Jeff was voted for that job!

All of a sudden Ry is yelling, "Hurry, Mommy! It's raining! Our strollers are getting wet!" So he and I rushed to bring it all back inside during this (no kidding!) downpour. Then he wanted his Cars umbrella so he could go out and stand in the rain, and I figured I might as well let him. (Grandma, if you are reading this: it is a MYTH you can catch a cold by being out in the rain!)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment