Ryan is in the "Why?" stage.
Here is one of our conversations today:
Ry: "Why do you turn the lights out (when you leave the room)?"
Me: "Because you are wasting energy if the lights are on and you aren't in there."
Ry: "Energy?" (makes a funny face) "Energy? What is that?"
Me: "Um, energy is what makes the lights turn on and the air conditioner run."
Ry: "The air conditioner run? Yes, and then we have to keep the doors closed."
Me: "That's right, you brilliant child." =)
And another:
Ry: "What are you doing with that, mommy?"
Me: "Cleaning the toilets, Ry."
Ry: "Oh. I want to help!"
Me: "Ok, you can watch, but not use the brush."
Ry: "Why?"
Me: "Because I don't want you to make a mess, and some of these cleaner chemicals are strong."
Ry: "Why?"
Me: "Because that is how they are effective in cleaning the toilet."
Ry: "FF-ective?"
Me: "Yes, that means they work.
Ry: "Oh". [Begins jumping up and down as we are cleaning his bathroom].
Me: "Shhhhhh! Quiet! Julia is napping, and we don't want to wake her by being loud!"
Ry: "Why?"
Me: "Because I have more cleaning to do, and you know that is impossible to do with baby sister awake!"
Ry: "Oh!!" [And I think we actually had an understanding here!!]
No comments:
Post a Comment