Monday, September 15, 2008

Julia's Bump


What a crazy morning! I played tennis at the Y this morning, and Ryan had gymnastics. Afterwards, we(mom and I) got the kiddos some lunch and brought them to the park for one of the last "nice" days to play. We weren't there but 5 minutes when Julia dove headfirst off the picinic bench onto the concrete below. It was AWFUL. It sounded terrible, and she just lay on the ground for a few seconds not moving. Her hairbow even flew off! Scared me enough to call the Dr's office, and I brought her in this afternoon. Fortunately, she fared better than most kids who take this type of tumble. The doc thought she was in fantastic shape compared to most kids she sees with that type of trauma to the head. So, I guess we are "thankful" as we can be about that! We're monitoring her until bedtime, at which point we should be in the "clear". Phew! These head injuries FREAK me out!!!

Ry is having a fun afternoon. After Julia's tumble, mom took him to visit Grandma Harrison, to Bobby's, to visit Amy at work (as they were driving by he apparently requested "Glammie, let's visit Aunt Amy at her work!") and now back to her house to play trains. She called and gave me the update that he is LOVING this one-on-one attention time without baby sister! =)

I have used this free time to do some online shopping...Thomas the Train is coming to St. Louis Oct 24 - Nov 2 and they are selling tickets to meet Sir Topam Hatt and a 25 minute ride on Thomas. Our little guy is going to LOVE it!!! Now to check on the circus tickets...
Posted by Picasa

2 comments:

Katie said...

I am so glad she checked out okay!

Bauerfamilyof5 said...

Glad Julia is OK. That sound is the absolute worse. I know exactly what it sounds like. Owen saw Thomas in Colorado when he was 2 or 3. Can't remember now....anyway, it was super fun! Don't forget his train hat!