Tuesday, November 11, 2008

Happy Veteran's Day

Today Daddy had the day off work, and the kids (and me!) LOVED having him around!!
(Thank you Veterans for your service!)
Jeff plays this game where he puts the kids on his back and then pretends like he can't find them, and he spins all around looking for them. They think it is just hysterical. (And it is pretty funny to watch, too...where is the video camera when I need it?!)
Daddy: "Where is baby??"
Ry: "Right there!!!"
Look how excited Ry and Julia are that Daddy has finally "found" her!!!
Now for Ry's turn!!

Late this morning we went to Glammie and Papa's house and visited one of our friends, Jerri Ross, who was visiting from Jackson, Mississippi. Ry stayed the afternoon there, and enjoyed a little "boys afternoon out" with Papa at Dairy Queen, where he told me "Papa bought me chocolate ice cream". (As if I couldn't tell from the leftovers on his face!) and he also told me "I dropped my spoon, so Papa gave me his." I enjoyed the afternoon with a little salon visit while Julia napped at home and Jeff worked on a little (ok, actually a BUNCH of) paperwork here.
Ry and Tyler checking out conservative talk radio at a young age!

..And some sweet cousin snuggles!

Tonight we had family Little Ceasar's Pizza night (did you know this was voted America's Best Value?..or so says the pizza box top!) and Ryan declared, "I like this pizza. This is my favorite. I'd like some more." And then a few minutes later he said "Baby, you need to take a nap. It is dark out." to which she screamed, "NO!" and pointed an angry finger at him.

Other Ry-isms from today:
Jeff: "Look, Ry, the leaves fell off our bushes. Fall is here."
Ry: "Ohhhh, Let me see!!"
(Jeff holds Ry up to look out the window).
Ry: "Ohhh! No! We need to call the policemen!!" (I'm not sure why?? Does he think the leaves have been stolen??)

And then when Julia dumps the ENTIRE bin of crayons out on the kitchen table.
"Whoa, baby! It's time to clean up, silly goose!"
Posted by Picasa

No comments: