Building "tall towers" with some cans - who needs blocks?! (Warning: these can hurt or scare baby sisters when they crash to the ground). =)
And then the tractors are called in to clean up the rubble.
We've been working on writing our name. Ry is doing well with the letter "R". Julia enjoys this time because she loves to color these days. I just must keep the markers away from her - she enjoys writing on her hands and high chair for some reason!?
I was bummed still this morning with the election results both for the presidential race and local results, so I decided to take the kids outside to enjoy probably the last day of this fantastic weather and to try and put things into perspective. (Worry does not change anything!). So we had a very nice walk to the library singing "Here is Thumbkin" about a gizillion times, but for some reason it was sweet every time and never annoying. Ry was trying to teach the words to Julia, and as she (of course!) got them wrong, he would say "No, silly baby!" and correct the words for her.
We returned our 30something books to the library (yes, we brought a stroller to lug these along!) and got some new ones for this week. All was great until about the last half-mile from home Julia had a meltdown. I really am not sure why, but it was not pretty. She didn't want to ride in the stroller, and she didn't want to walk. And I was just as stubborn as she was throwing her fit about not carrying her the rest of the way home, which she was insisting! (Hello, backpain!?!) About this time, Ry decided he was going to start to RUN for home. So he is way ahead of us, as I am struggling to strap a very unhappy Julia into the stroller and run after him. One of our very kind neighbors was driving down the street witnessed all this and offered to help..I almost took her up on it..it was getting to that desperate point!) I think we all got our exercise. Thankfully, this tantrum did not last long, and we ended our walk home on a "good" note!
We returned our 30something books to the library (yes, we brought a stroller to lug these along!) and got some new ones for this week. All was great until about the last half-mile from home Julia had a meltdown. I really am not sure why, but it was not pretty. She didn't want to ride in the stroller, and she didn't want to walk. And I was just as stubborn as she was throwing her fit about not carrying her the rest of the way home, which she was insisting! (Hello, backpain!?!) About this time, Ry decided he was going to start to RUN for home. So he is way ahead of us, as I am struggling to strap a very unhappy Julia into the stroller and run after him. One of our very kind neighbors was driving down the street witnessed all this and offered to help..I almost took her up on it..it was getting to that desperate point!) I think we all got our exercise. Thankfully, this tantrum did not last long, and we ended our walk home on a "good" note!

No comments:
Post a Comment