Monday, December 22, 2008

Frightful 24 Hours

It has been a terrible-horrible-no-good-very-bad-night/day around here!  

I realized we were in trouble when Jeff says to me last night: "Uh, I think we'd better get the kids to bed ASAP before we are too weak to do so!" (Meaning, he was going downhill FAST, and I was already there).  

And then when I am laying in bed between runs to the bathroom thinking about who I could send to the hospital with poor dehydrated Julia via ambulance. (Aunt Amy, you were the winner...hope you would have been up for that?)

Things to be greatful for (It is SO time for the "glad game!"):
1) Ryan hasn't caught this awful bug.
2) Grateful for my love of buying pjs: Julia had enough clean ones to make it through this nightmare (so far)...even the hour she was changed 6 times!
3) Desitin really does help a bleeding bottom!
4)A sister who reacted FAST when I called in tears for help and who had Pedialite and Gatorade at my front door within 20 minutes! (And for mailing the remaining Christmas cards and Ryan's birthday invites too!)
5) The fact I am actually sitting up now and have a tiny appetite back!

Praying for a full recovery by tomorrow so we can keep our sanity and finish up all those last minute Christmas/Ryan birthday things we NEEDED to be doing!

4 comments:

Linkis Family Love said...

oh my! what is wrong with you guys??? flu???

Anonymous said...

oh yuck! hope you're all feeling better soon.

just FYI for bad diaper rash...you can use lotrimin covered with A&D ointment, too.

McKey Family said...

We'll be praying for you all!!! Get healthy for Christmas.

Tasha Roe said...

hope you guys get to feeling better soon!!